My Photo
Name:
Location: San Luis Obispo, California, United States

My name is Melissa. Having been born, raised, and having fallen in love in SLO I'm so excited to spend my days freezing those same special moments here for others.
People, color, life and light exhilarate me. And wrapping all of that up in a photo, well, that's what I live for. Wanna get to know more? Send me an email, I'd love to get to know you too.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Family Shoots - San Luis Obispo Photographer

Well! I have been quite busy with holiday family shoots, but it's really so much fun. I love being able to be with different families for a few hours and capture their lives and their interactions with each other. It's amazing how unique each family is and how much you can really feel like you got to know them within the course of an hour and a half. It's especially great when you get the same families year after year and get to build that relationship and see how the kids grow - I'm looking forward to that!

Here's some of my favorites from three recent shoots.

Heidi and Carson:

They are a gorgeous pair. Carson is 18 months and loves to adventure everywhere. Although there were times he'd stop and ask for him mommy and then they'd walk hand in hand - so precious! A family session will be coming in the next few months, but to celebrate Carson's growing up we wanted to do a Mommy-son shoot specifically. They were amazing and their pictures came out great!








The Blackshear Family:

Great family! Since they live in AG we adventured down to their neck of the woods to do this shoot. Their son, about three years old, wasn't very interested in the shoot. At times he'd get distracted and when we asked him to look at the camera he'd dutifully say cheese, but continue looking at the ground. Still, a great family session! They were awesome and willing to try out all our ideas and locations!








The Gregory family:

Another great family! Their daughter is 6 months and just a doll! They also brought their dog along. He was quite a trooper! If you know anything about English Bulldogs you know they aren't the best breathers. This little guy was having quite a fun time and relaxing enough to breath was next to impossible!








More shoots are still in the editing queue and a few more are coming up this weekend, so keep an eye out for those! I'm making myself spend a good deal of time expanding my editing knowledge and technique, so let me know if you see improvements!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home