My Photo
Name:
Location: San Luis Obispo, California, United States

My name is Melissa. Having been born, raised, and having fallen in love in SLO I'm so excited to spend my days freezing those same special moments here for others.
People, color, life and light exhilarate me. And wrapping all of that up in a photo, well, that's what I live for. Wanna get to know more? Send me an email, I'd love to get to know you too.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Family Photography

There's something so fun about family shoots. Seeing a family interact and having 45 minutes to get to know them and try to capture the essence of who they are for them to forever hang on their wall as family Christmas 2010. Talk about pressure, but fun.
I think that's why I'm always drawn to the kids. They wear their emotions openly.



Their eyes are SO expressive, not to mention I'm good at winning them over.
Wyatt was especially fun. Super shy at first. Not like, whisper but not talk shy, but completely clammed up shy. But it didn't take long. In fact, I think I won him over when I said the word "adventure" he was all in for that.

By the end of the shoot he was even bold enough to tell me I'm kinda cute! (People like to point out the fact that he said "kinda" but still, it made my day!)

The other extra special thing about this shoot was the location. I've been drooling over this location for months just waiting for the chance to shoot here (and also thinking of using it for my family Christmas photos!) and I think they were a perfect fit for the location!

See for yourself:





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home